Camping in the Margaret River Region
The following sites are non commercial camping sites located within national parks and state forests. Most charge a fee of $7pp/night and use an honour box system. The ranger will come around either at night or in the morning and collect the fees.
- Alexandra Bridge: Turn off Brockman Highway, 300 meters west of Warner Glen Road, and travel 1.6 kilometres to this large campground by the river. The camping areas have shady trees and grassy areas for tents. Toilets, cold showers, rubbish bins, water taps, boat ramp, firewood and fireplaces are provided. For further details the caretaker can be contacted on 9758 2244. Pets allowed. Price $6 adults and $4 for kids.
- Boranup Forest: This is a beautiful camping site set amidst the majestic Karri Forest. To access this camping site turn right off Bussell Highway at Karridale town site and travel down Karridale Road until you reach Caves Road. Turn right at Caves Road and head north until you reach the Boranup Forest Drive on your left hand side. Turn into Boranup Forest Drive, travel for a short distance and you will find signage for camping grounds a short distance into the Forest. This camping ground is located in the National Park. Facilities include toilets, barbeques and picnic tables. No pets allowed.
- Canebreak Pool: Situated north of Margaret River Township, Canebreak Pool is located on the upper reaches of the Margaret River. Access is via Osmington Road (until you reach the “no through road” sign), then turn north (left) on the Cane Break Road. The turn off site is 6.7 kilometres along the right hand side. Wood, barbeques, toilets and basic furniture are provided. Pets are also allowed.
- Conto Field Camping Area: This site is located on the spectacular coastline, overlooking great surfing and beautiful sandy beaches. This site is ideally located close to other attractions of the region. To access Conto Field Camping Area travel down Bussell Highway south of Witchcliffe. Turn right onto Forest Grove Road, then turn left at Caves Road and travel south past Mammoth Cave. Turn right into Conto Road at the Lake Cave Visitor Centre and travel west. The camping area is signed. Facilities provided include barbeques, toilets and wheelchair access. No pets allowed.
- Point Road: Is a small site on the southern end of Boranup Drive nestled among Peppermint and Marri trees, and caters for up to 40 people. Facilities include bush toilets, barbeques, fire ring, picnic tables, log seats and fire wood. No pets allowed.
- Sues Bridge: Located south of the Margaret River along the Brockman Highway towards Nannup. Sues Bridge has been incorporated into the Blackwood National Park (1999). It is a large site with discreet camping areas dotted through the forest. Wood barbeques, toilets and basic furniture are provided. It is located on the banks of the Blackwood River and has excellent access for caravans. Domestic pets will not be permitted within the National Park in the near future.
- Warner Glen Recreation Site – Chapman Pool: Positioned on the banks of Chapman Brook just before it enters the Blackwood River. This site has been incorporated into the Blackwood National Park (1999). Wood barbeques, toilets and basic furniture are provided. The access track is narrow but accessible to caravans. This site is particularly popular due to its close proximity to most local attractions. Currently dogs are allowed on the lead, but domestic pets will not be permitted within the National Park in the near future. Price $7 adults / $2 kids (6-15 years) / and $5 concession holders.
Alternatively, you can camp at one of the many caravan and tourist parks in the region! Simply do an accommodation search and click 'Refine Results' - sort by 'Accommodation Type'.