For those on a shoestring budget...
A trip to the Margaret River region doesn’t have to break the bank – there’s plenty of budget accommodation in the area, and heaps of things to do that are free of charge or cost effective fun for families and those on a shoestring budget. Here are some suggestions!
- Visit Cape Leeuwin: access the grounds of the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse for a token fee and, from May to September, you might even spot a whale in Flinder’s Bay!
- Caves: the Grand Tour Pass into Lake, Mammoth and Jewel Caves is a great way to see all three spectacular show caves at a great discounted price.
- Get outdoors: swim, snorkel, hike, fish, surf, paddle, dive, picnic… the great outdoors is not only beautiful - it’s free!
- Taste food and wine: enjoy free tastings of delicious gourmet produce and outstanding Margaret River wine.
- Stay: at a local backpackers, tourist park, or national park campground – or check with the Visitor Centre for last minute deals on accommodation (you might score a bargain!)