Welcome to Margaret River!
The internationally renowned town of Margaret River is the perfect blend of country charm, rural vibes and city living. Offering top-notch wining and dining, boutique shopping and artisan experiences galore, creature comforts don’t have to be left behind to enjoy the stunning south west. Set amongst majestic forests and with the Margaret River meandering through the heart of the town, the cosmopolitan lifestyle will please even the most discerning visitors.
With the town centrally located in the middle of the Margaret River region it is a place for all seasons: be it autumn dawn walks in wooded valleys veiled in mist; cosy winter nights spent with good friends around a roaring fire; spring picnics amid towering karri forests ablaze with wildflowers or summer days lazing on your very own beach by a sparkling sea. There are so many things to do! Prevelly is the closest beach to Margaret River – just 7km west of the township.
Here sophistication and country charm are perfect partners. Escape from it all and visit Margaret River - a very special place. Experience it today and call Margaretriver.com on +61 8 9780 5911.
What to do
- Cave it: Lake and Mammoth caves are a must-see, and are less than 20 minutes drive from Margaret River.
- Taste wine: there’s heaps of cellar doors within a short drive of Margaret River (with free tastings!).
- Shop: boutique shops and galleries are scattered around the local area, with many located on the main street.
- Eat: Margaret River is a foodie’s dream - there are heaps of great places to eat and taste local produce.
- Walk: there are some gorgeous forest trails which are nice and close to town – head down to Rotary Park and follow the signs, or grab a map from the Visitor Centre.
- Long, lazy winery lunches, then grazing on gourmet local antipasto goodies for dinner.
- The buzz of the town when the weekend markets are on – full of fresh local farm produce and quality arts and craft!
- The coffee in Margaret River – it’s the best!
Useful to know
- Margaret River is the name of a river, a town and a region - there are many small towns and subregions within the Margaret River region. Explore the region for more information! The Margaret River township celebrates its centenary in February 2013 - 100 years since it was gazetted!
- We recommend driving to Margaret River as there’s no local bus – alternatively you can hire a car or bike to get around. Or jump aboard one of the many local tours!
- Margaret River is no stranger to numerous accolades and awards – Lonely Planet named it the jewel of the south west – one of the Top 10 Destinations world-wide to visit in 2010. Readers of Australian Traveller voted it the Best Town in Australia last year as did the GWN Top Tourism Town judges for Western Australia.
How to get there
Margaret River is 280km south of Perth, which takes approximately three hours by car. Take the Kwinana Freeway out of Perth city, which eventually becomes Forrest Highway, and follow the signs to Bunbury, then Busselton – the main roads will bypass these towns but feel free to drop in. Margaret River is 50km south of Busselton. When you start to see vineyards – you’re nearly there.
Don’t have a car? South West Coach Lines and Trans WA run bus services from Perth to Margaret River. Call the Margaret River Visitor Centre on +61 8 9780 5911 for more information or to book a ticket. Skywest flies direct to the Margaret River region (Busselton Airport) from Perth and Albany – visit our page on getting here for more information.
Where to Stay
Guests at Bridgewater can select from two delightful accommodation...
ENJOY THE BEST OF BOTH WORLDS.....PEACE AND TRANQUILITY OF THE...
What to Do
We operate from different locations throughout the year:WHALE...
Our passionate staff will be delighted to guide you through a...
BUSHTUCKER WINERIES & BREWERIES TOURThis is the most popular...