Sing for a Friend Workshop (Ages 12+)
The Sing for a Friend workshop and club is all about developing confidence and expressing love through music and singing.
For all ages and skill levels who want to discover the kind of happiness that only music can bring to our hearts when we sing for ourselves and others.
Perfect for those who love to sing but don’t yet have the confidence to do so in public. Everyone is free to be themselves and sing without fear of judgement. We don’t sing to impress; we sing to express!
The workshop starts off with building trust and rapport between singer, songwriter and stage actor Zai Burke and the participants, performing introductory activities such as gentle stretching and breathing exercises that encourage people to feel safe and allow them to be more open.
The workshop continues with the following:
– Confidence exploration with vulnerability exercises, discovery and evaluations.
– Group singing exercises
– Supported individual singing exercises and evaluations (if comfortable to do so)
– Homework, song choices and individual goal setting
– Great for mental and physical health
– Improves memory and reduces stress
– Builds self-esteem and improves self-confidence
– Improves social skills and engages the community with the arts