The award-winning town of Dunsborough delivers the perfect coastal holiday ‘down south’ experience. It is hard to believe this vibrant town has a permanent population of just 4000, when in peak summer season numbers triple and the town is buzzing with life.
More informationTOP 5 THINGS TO DO IN DUNSBOROUGH
1. Scenic strolling: Venture down Dunn Bay Road to Dunsborough Foreshore, which features grassed picnic areas, boardwalks and innovative gym equipment. A walk south along the beach reveals secluded rocky bays with white sand and crystal clear waters.
2. Get active: With its beautiful coastline and rural setting, Dunsborough offers a stunning backdrop for jogging, cycling, and water sports. See: Water Sports
3. Boutique shopping: For the serious shopper it’s worth putting aside a day to meander the streets lined with boutique clothing, shoe and homeware stores where you will be sure to find something unique. See: Fashion & Giftware
4. Fresh food: Stop at one of the trendy sidewalk eateries where strong food philosophies celebrating fresh local produce will leave you fully satisfied. See: Restaurants and Casual Dining
5. Spa, health and beauty: Dunsborough is well known for its heavenly day spas and secluded yoga retreats. See: Spa, Health & Beauty
To see what’s on in Dunsborough during the time of your stay, visit our events calendar
EXPLORING AROUND DUNSBOROUGH
A five minute drive along Cape Naturaliste Road is the secluded and calm waters of Meelup Beach, Eagle Bay and Bunker Bay, the perfect spot for a swim en route to Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse. Climb the tower for breathtaking views across the Indian Ocean and Leeuwin-Naturaliste National Park or join a guided Nature Trail Tour helping you uncover some of the region’s marvels. Nature puts on a show during spring with whales frolicking in the waters below and dazzling wildflowers in full bloom.
Not far off the coast is the Swan Wreck, an awesome opportunity for snorkelers and divers to get up close and personal with more than 100 fish species.
Dunsborough is just a few minutes’ drive away from the region’s wineries.