While the Margaret River Region is known for a love of brunches and long lunches, there’s a growing feast of places to dine after dark. From north to south, the region’s night time dining haunts offer everything from rustic Italian and classic pub fare to Chinese/Malay cuisine and Japanese-inspired degustations. Similarly, settings and price range from that of casual outing to all-out dining divinity – meaning there’s a dinner option for every occasion.
With many of the region’s operators changing their hours seasonally, it’s worth checking dinner-time opening hours or calling ahead if you’re unsure. With that said, there’s some serious ground to cover here no matter the season, so get eating.
Amelia Park Lodge & Tavern, Vasse
Where once it was the norm to simply cruise down Busselton’s Queen Street to check out what was open by night, there are now more than a few favourites worth beelining for.
- Amelia Park Lodge & Tavern in Vasse sees no expense spared in styling. The Tavern has the “wow” factor for its Euro fit-out and twist on classic pub food, but won’t break the bank. Exhibit A: Thursday steak night.
- Spice Odysee Hidden Kitchen – everyone’s favourite food van now has a restaurant too. Enjoy Sathish’s delicious southern Indian curries, dosas and desserts from 5pm to 8.30pm Tuesday to Saturday. There’s daily specials and takeaway also available.
- Equinox Restaurant & Bar is also famous for their glittering Bay and Jetty views, but their specialty lies in solid upscale pub classics like a next-level chicken parmi that makes for essential eating.
- Stilts Beach Bar and Restaurant is a friendly and relaxed spot on the beach side of the Broadwater Resort: go for snacks and starters, hearty main courses, pizza, regional wine, beers and cocktails.
- Shelter Brewing Co is open 7 days and the newest Brewery to open at the Busselton Foreshore. You can wash away the salt of the day with a cold beer and a big feed in the beer garden.
Yarri Restaurant, Dunsborough
A couple of new arrivals over the past few years means holidaymakers now struggle to fit in all the great dinner venues on offer in Dunsborough. It’s well worth trying, though.
- Blue Manna Bistro is a haven for fresh seafood under the direction of talented chef/owner Coby Cockburn, who’s Asian fusion style menu is a treat. Portions are generous and flavours bold and delicious.
- Yarri has brought sophisticated and understated dining to Dunborough, with a versatile offering that runs the gamut from bar snacks to fine chef’s menu dining. Heading up the kitchen is WA chef icon and part-owner Aaron Carr (of Vasse Felix acclaim), who’s designed a menu honouring nature, seasonality and the South West.
- Clancy’s Fish Pub is home to a selection of honest seafood fare, a terrific selection of south west craft beers on tap, a serviceable wine list and friendly service. Hosting regular live music and with plenty of space, this is a great spot for fun nights with the family or large groups.
- Wise Wine is an institution for regular visitors to the region. Open for dinner on Saturday nights, Wise’s menu features fresh local produce and its staple items are inspired by elements of smoke and fire.
- Palmer Wines is on Dunsborough’s doorstep and open for dinner Friday and Saturday nights offering solid modern Australian cuisine. You’ll be among the locals here!
- Occy’s Dunsborough is a great place for tummy filling plates and an experimental range of brews. With 18 tap points behind the bar, there’s bound to be a local or guest beer that will hit the spot.
Other notables for dinner in Dunsborough include The Dunsborough Tavern for fun pub food and plenty of specials, Pedros for Tex-Mex faves, Bayside Burger Bar, Burgertron and Peace Pizza – where the big wood fired oven will keep you warm while you wait.
Lamont’s, Smiths Beach
It might not have a town centre, but Yallingup bats above its weight when it comes to great night time dining options.
- Lamont’s Smiths Beach serves icon Kate Lamont’s signature food – fresh, simple, elegant dishes paired with a great wine-by-the-glass list as well as bottled wines and boutique beer.
- Caves House Hotel is one of Yallingup’s best known landmarks, not least for their decent wine and beer lists, solid pub food and heritage charm. This spot is a locally-loved hub for live entertainment and Sunday sessions that extend well into the evening.
- Cape Lodge is another Yallingup delight, this lakeside spot offers refined dining in a seriously serene setting. Be sure to look out for their regular dining events, including Wednesday & Sunday Chef’s Harvest Dinners – a 3-course share menu created from the best of local and estate-grown produce.
- Studio Bistro combines both light and hearty fare in a contemporary bush setting, with dinner available on Saturday nights.
Morries, Margaret River
Margaret River’s main strip has a collection of night time dining options that will take you right around the globe.
- Morries is a must when in Margaret River. Open Tues – Sun ‘til late for relaxed evening dining, service here is slick, and cocktails are the drink of choice thanks to award-winning bartender and cocktail-shaker Billy Phillips. Note: sharing is the name of the game.
- Mikis Open Kitchen is a Margaret River experience in its own right. Chef Miki’s non-traditional Japanese degustation dinner is a wonder – both to behold and to digest. Break up your wine adventure here and opt for something from the sake list. Reservations are a must for the 2 nightly seatings at 6pm and 8.15pm, Tuesday to Saturday, in which diners opts for one of four menus – Miki’s Trust, Miki’s Complete, Hanami (Sake Discovery), and Miki’s For Kids. It’s hard to go wrong.
- Arc Of Iris – A recent refurb has taken this long-time dinner favourite and main strip institution up a notch. Enjoy modern Australian cuisine, a wide range of local wines, plus local beers on tap and live music.
- Swings & Roundabouts Margaret River is dishing out signature pizza and share plate options in a friendly, laid-back environment with Swings & Roundabouts wine on tap – available by the carafe. Perfect for a casual dinner with family and friends.
- Settlers Tavern has families covered for dining. Think American BBQ, burgers, steaks, salads and pub favourites proudly using local ingredients wherever possible, plus 400+ local, Australian and international drops to choose from on one of the country’s most acclaimed wine lists.
- Brewhouse is Margaret River’s only in-town craft brewery, open until 7pm Mon – Thurs and until 9pm from Fri – Sun nights. Make no mistake: this food is designed around the beer, so pair it up.
- Pizzica is as close as you’ll get to Italy in Margaret River. It’s hard to go past the pizza menu, but it’s worth the diversion to enjoy something hearty from the charcoal grill, or signature dishes including ossobuco, pork shank, stuffed mussels, and Porchetta. Bookings tend to be essential.
- La Scarpetta Trattoria is situated directly above Pizzica and extends Margaret River’s love affair with Italian cuisine. It’s all about the antipasti and the pasta here – try the homemade potato gnocchi, in a creamy gorgonzola and walnut sauce.
- The River Bar & Restaurant is open 7 days ‘til late for casual dining and the enjoyment of a menu well beyond standard pub fare.
Other casual dinner dining in Margaret River worth a mention (and a visit!) includes Burger Baby, and Teddi’s Big Spoon Korean diner.
Good old fashioned country hospitality and hearty fare is on the dinner menu in Augusta and Karridale.
- Karridale Tavern is just a short drive out of Augusta and serves traditional pub food with a Middle Eastern twist. Daily dinner sees an array of specials, all accompanied by friendly service.
- The Augusta Hotel is an institution and a trip to this charming town would not be complete without a meal inside these heritage walls. Grab a spot by the open fire and enjoy dinner with a cold beer or local wine and one of the region’s best views – straight out over the Hardy Inlet, where the Blackwood River meets the Southern Ocean.
- Blue Ocean Fish & Chips is where to head for your fix of the freshest local fish and perfectly crisp on the outside yet fluffy on the inside hot salty chips. Takeaway only, but they are open 7 days (until 8pm) and worth a trip south for that quintessential Augusta experience!
Ready to eat? Book your visit with one of our local experts now.
Amelia Park LodgeThe Restaurant is open Wed-Sat 5:30-late and Fri-Sat for lunch from 11:30 The Tavern is open 7 days a week 11:30 til lateGreat For: Child Friendly,Disabled Access,Sunny Day
5850 Bussell Hwy, Abbey WA 6280
Spice Odysee -The Hidden KitchenMonday: Closed
Tuesday - Saturday: 11:30 AM until 2:00 PM, 5:00 until 8:00 PM
Sunday: ClosedGreat For: Deliveries,Dine In,Takeaway
5/17 Bussell Hwy, West Busselton WA 6280
Equinox Restaurant & BarMonday - Sunday: 8:30 AM until 9:00 PMGreat For: Dine In
1 Foreshore Parade, Busselton WA 6280
Stilts Beach Bar + RestaurantMonday - Sunday: 8:00 AM until 9:00 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Disabled Access,Fireplace,Outdoor Playground,Rainy Day,Sunny Day,Takeaway,WiFi
11 Holgate Rd, Broadwater WA 6280
Shelter Brewing Co.7 days a week, 10am-10pm and from 7am for Coffee & Bagels.Great For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Dog Friendly,WiFi
11 Foreshore Parade, Busselton WA 6280
Blue Manna BistroMonday: Closed
Tuesday - Thursday: 5:00 until 9:00 PM
Friday - Saturday: 12:00 until 9:00 PM
Sunday: ClosedGreat For: Dine In,Disabled Access,Takeaway
1/16 Cyrillean Way, Dunsborough WA 6281
YarriMonday - Thursday: 4:00 until 10:30 PM
Friday: 12:00 until 10:30 PM
Saturday: 8:00 until 11:00 AM, 12:00 until 10:30 PM
Sunday: ClosedGreat For: Dine In
6/16 Cyrillean Way, Dunsborough WA 6281
Clancys Fish Pub DunsboroughMonday: 12:00 until 8:00 PM
Tuesday - Wednesday: Closed
Thursday - Sunday: 12:00 until 8:30 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Dog Friendly,Fireplace,Outdoor Playground,Takeaway
1710 Caves Rd, Dunsborough WA 6281
Wise WineMonday - Sunday: 11:00 AM until 5:00 PMGreat For: Cellar Sales,Scenic Spot
237 Eagle Bay Rd, Eagle Bay WA 6281
Palmer WinesCellar Door open 7 days from 10 AM - 5 PM. Restaurant open for Lunch Thursday - Sunday (11.30 AM - 4.00 PM) and Dinner Friday & Saturday from 6 PM.Great For: Cellar Sales,Child Friendly,Outdoor Playground
1271 Caves Rd, Dunsborough WA 6281
Occy's DunsboroughMonday - Sunday: 12:00 until 9:00 PMGreat For: Dine In
12/34 Dunn Bay Rd, Dunsborough WA 6281
LamontsMonday - Friday: 7:00 until 11:00 AM, 4:00 until 8:00 PM
Saturday - Sunday: 7:00 AM until 10:00 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Disabled Access,Vegan Wines
67 Smiths Beach Rd, Yallingup WA 6282
Caves House Hotel - Restaurant, Bar & EventsMonday - Sunday: 7:00 AM until 10:30 PMGreat For: Dine In,Fireplace,Rainy Day,Sunny Day
18 Yallingup Beach Rd, Yallingup WA 6282
4.7 From $1375
Cape LodgeGreat For: WiFi
3341 Caves Rd, Yallingup WA 6282
The Studio Gallery & BistroGallery open: Wednesday - Monday, 10 am - 4 pm Available for private gallery viewing after-hours, before 10 am or after 4 pm. Booking required. Bistro open: Lunch Thursday - Monday & Dinner Saturday evening.Great For: Dine In
7 Marrinup Dr, Yallingup WA 6282
Tuesday - Sunday: 5:00 until 10:00 PMGreat For: Dine In,WiFi
2/149 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Mikis Open KitchenTuesday - Saturday (some public holiday weekend exceptions) 6-10pmGreat For: Dine In,Takeaway
131 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Arc of IrisMonday - Sunday: 5:00 until 8:30 PMGreat For: Deliveries,Dine In,Takeaway
151 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Swings & Roundabouts Margaret RiverMonday - Sunday: 3:00 until 11:00 PMGreat For: Cellar Sales,Dine In,Fireplace
85 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Settlers TavernMonday - Thursday: 11:30 AM until 10:00 PM
Friday: 11:30 AM until 12:00 AM
Saturday: 11:00 AM until 12:00 AM
Sunday: 11:00 AM until 10:00 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Fireplace,WiFi
114 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Brewhouse Margaret RiverMonday - Thursday: 11:00 AM until 7:00 PM
Friday - Sunday: 11:00 AM until 9:00 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Disabled Access,Dog Friendly,Outdoor Playground,Sunny Day
35 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
4.2 From $169
Margaret River Resort & The RiverReception Opening hours Mon - Fri: 8:30am - 6pm Sat - Sun: 8:30am - 4pm Bar / Restaurant Opening hours Mon - Fri: 12:00pm - late Sat - Sun: 12:00pm - lateGreat For: Disabled Access
40 Wallcliffe Rd, Margaret River WA 6285
Burger BabyMonday - Tuesday: Closed
Wednesday - Sunday: 12:00 until 8:30 PMGreat For: Child Friendly,Dine In,Takeaway
117 Bussell Hwy, Margaret River WA 6285
Karridale Tavern & RoadhouseMonday - Sunday: 11:30 AM until 9:00 PMGreat For: Dine In
12440 Bussell Hwy, Karridale WA 6288
3.9 From $110
Augusta Hotel MotelReception Monday - Sunday 7.30 am - 6.00 pmGreat For: Disabled Access,Fireplace
53 Blackwood Ave, Augusta WA 6290
Blue Ocean Fish and Chips AugustaMonday to Sunday; Lunch 11:30-2pm & Dinner 5-8pm
Great For: Takeaway
73 Blackwood Ave, Augusta WA 6290