Your Summer Bucket List
50 ultimate things to do before summer's out, including the chance to win.
Memories are the currency of summer, and making good ones is a whole lot easier when the list you’re working with is a “no-miss” affair. From wineries and air-borne adventures, to water exploration, fashion, biking and food, this ultimate summer bucket list has got you covered.
To make your summer just that little bit more epic, Your Margaret River Region has partnered with Private Properties Holiday Homes to bring you the ultimate giveaway: a three night stay for six people at beautiful Bluebelle, a chic oceanfront abode in Gracetown, full of nostalgic beach-holiday charm. The competition closes at 5pm on Friday 14 February.
Read on for your chance to win, plus fifty tips to take you through this endless summer.
A Private Properties holiday home poised with an ocean view in Gracetown, Bluebell’s upscale nostalgic charm makes it the perfect beach holiday abode.
Win Your Ultimate Summer Getaway
This competition is only open to Australian residents. It will close at 5pm on Friday 14 February.
1. Ground yourself with a visit to Margaret River Collaborative and be introduced to the region’s artisans and winemakers in one fell swoop.
2. Establish an historical connection on a unique Margaret River town-based walking food tour.
3. Meet the locals with a self-drive tour to these small, family-run wineries, and get an intimate insight into the region’s winemaking culture.
4. And then retreat to this private Redgate oasis.
5. Chuck the kids off the jetty at Gnarabup Beach and race them to the pontoon.
6. Or challenge them on the high wires at Forest Adventures.
8. Treat yourself to a five-star meal without having to leave your living room.
9. Give yourself the gift of a Koomal Dreaming experience, and let local Indigenous custodian, Josh Whiteland, give you a unique viewpoint into Country.
10. Experience life at the end of the world at the new Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Interp Centre, and get a feel for the hardships that helped form this community.
11. And then toast these pioneers’ efforts with a local glass at nearby Colour Patch Café.
12. Continue the nautical theme with a chartered boat tour that’ll take you on a tour of our pristine waters.
13. Or a dangle for whiting in the Blackwood.
15. Escape to the seaside locality of Gracetown in this family-sized abode with direct beach access.
16. From here, make the five-minute drive to Cape Mentelle and its open-air evening cinema, replete with a glass of Margaret River’s finest from the on-site bar.
17. Get a taste of farm-fresh Rosa Glen at The Berry Farm.
18. While you’re out this way, discover the region from the top of a saddle at Jesters Flat and ride your way to a different perspective.
19. Get up close and personal with nature’s honey makers at The Colony Concept and discover life inside the hive.
20. Then enjoy sweetness of a different kind at the nearby Margaret River Chocolate Company. Free tasters included!
21. Pack the perfect picnic and immerse yourself in the region’s natural beauty – don’t forget to include a loaf of this fresh, hot, organic woodfired bread. You’ll be lucky if half the loaf makes the drive there!
22. You’ve got the bread – now grab some fresh, cold-pressed, locally grown olive oil. It really is a superfood!
24. Retire to the evening at nearby Bunker Bay, with a stay at the house of your dreams.
25. Or head to Eagle Bay for the ultimate in beachfront luxury.
26. Get your vintage fix at The Flying Wardrobe.
27. Take your new perspective on a walk of the Cape to Cape track and see the region’s wild landscape with fresh eyes.
28. Scale the famed Wilyabrup cliffs with the help of expert guide, Mick Dempsey – one guy who can talk anyone off a ledge.
29. If heights aren’t your thing, why not take to the water? Learn to surf, canoe the Margaret River, or discover bushtucker by kayak in a range of intimate tours that connect you to people and place.
30. Then connect further to the region’s namesake river with a few night’s stay at Waterford, where 12 acres of land lead down to direct river frontage.
Bilyarra in Eagle Bay is another of the sophisticated holiday homes in the Private Properties portfolio.
32. Settle into sophisticated luxury in this dazzling Eagle Bay home.
33. Indulge your inner artist with a tour of the local galleries, open studios and artisan shops stretching the length of the Cape, from Busselton down to Augusta.
34. Meet the producers at a range of markets that run year ‘round and give locals and visitors the opportunity to buy directly from growers and local artisans – including the award-winning Margaret River Farmer’s Market.
35. A self-drive paddock to plate experience can also be on the holiday agenda.
36. While you’re out and about, take a detour to explore a little of Gracetown. The beaches are beautiful, uncrowded, and the general store smashes a mean coffee with ocean views.
37. Step into the Gracetown vibe with a stay at the ‘70s chic Bluebelle – the hot holiday spot for sand-lovin’ beach bunnies. Or, scroll to the bottom of this page to enter this competition and win a stay here!
40. Beer lovers can happily also find their own brand of heaven. Tour a few of the region’s incredible craft breweries. You’ll also find a range of local brews at Settler’s Tavern, where you’re coldie will pair brilliantly with the State’s best steak sandwich.
41. Get back to nature with a sunset at Surfer’s Point, home to the Margaret River Surf Pro and an epicentre for local surfers.
42. Stay at Whitehorses – named for the big-wave whitecaps that form part of the regional renown.
43. Or get beneath the waves in Dunsborough with a dive at one of Australia’s first sunken ship wrecks, the HMAS Swan.
44. End a day of deep-water excitement by bunkering down at Balmoral. If the home theatre doesn’t grab you, the billiard table and visiting kangaroos will.
45. Take in the region’s mountain bike trails in Dunsborough, Busselton and Margaret River, and get an appreciation for why these towns are becoming Mecca for MTB enthusiasts in the southwest.
46. Leave peddle power behind and go on a quad-bike eco-adventure!
48. Finish your holidays with a true wind down at any of these spa retreats.
49. Let the kids loose among nature one last time with a visit to any of these petting-friendly animal farms.
50. Do a last round of the region’s wineries for wine to take home, or get creatively spirited and create your own gin at the Margaret River Distilling Co for a take-home souvenir with a difference.
Terms & Conditions
- 3 nights for 6 guests (maximum)
- Must be redeemed between February and June 2020, excluding Public Holidays and WA School Holidays
- Subject to availability and standard Terms & Conditions
- Bond of $1K will be payable at least 3 weeks prior to check-in
- Valid until 30th June 2020
Image Credits: Dylan Dehaas, Paul Pichugin, Private Properties – Matthew Moyes
Balmoral - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday Guest Services: 24/7Great For: Fireplace
Bluebelle - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.Great For: BBQ,Fireplace,WiFi
Out of the Blue - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm, Monday to Friday Guest Services: 24/7Great For: Fireplace
Redgate - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday Guest Services: 24/7Great For: Fireplace
Waterford - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Monday to Friday Guest Services: 24/7Great For: Fireplace
WhitehorsesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.Great For: Fireplace
Margaret River WA 6285, Australia
Panorama - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.
Maranel - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.Great For: BBQ,Fireplace,WiFi
Percy Street - Private PropertiesBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.Great For: BBQ,Fireplace,WiFi
BilyarraBookings Office: 9:00am to 5:00pm Monday to Friday. Guest Services: 24/7.Great For: BBQ,Fireplace,WiFi
Eagle Bay WA 6281, Australia