Maybe it’s live music you are chasing, you might just want the complete food experience, or you could be there to catch a celebrity. Whatever your interest, the 2017 Gourmet Village has got you covered. This year you can find a plethora of activities to get involved in. Below, we’ve highlighted some of our own personal favourites!
- End your day at the Gourmet Village with a live DJ performance on the lawn at Leeuwin Estate. Kick back with a glass of wine and take in the silky sounds of Hugo Gruzman (Flight Facilities, Future Classic) as he drops into the main stage to round off your weekend experience.
- Triple J’s Tom Tilley will join Gruzman on Saturday. Work off the excess food consumption with a boogie on the grass.
- Fremantle’s homegrown outfit, San Cisco will headline the Closing Party at White Elephant Café on Sunday. Enjoy a rare DJ set from the popular indi-group while you watch the sun go down over the Indian Ocean. Note that tickets for the closing party are sold seperately.
Fun Foodie events:
- Black Swan Beta have taken the dip-eating experience to a whole new level. A seat at the creative laboratory bar will allow you to enjoy a range of new dips. The creations are inspired by WA and made exclusively for Gourmet Escape. The perfect partnering snack if you have your glass of wine in hand!
- The Gourmet Village restaurant line-up offers food from Perth through to the Great Southern. Plates from Má Là Dumplings – new for 2017, Young George Bar & Kitchen (East Fremantle), Rivendell Restaurant (Yallingup), Rustico at Hayshed Hill (Wilyabrup), and Due South (Albany) look particularly appealing!
- If you are bringing the kids along to the Gourmet Village this year, make sure you stop in at The Kids Corner. There will be constant foodie entertainment for the little ones. Kids under 12 receive free entry to the Gourmet Village all weekend!
- Hosting the free main stage events at The Village will be popular TV personality and funny-man Matt Okine (The Other Guy, Shortcuts to Glory).
- Jack Stein (Born to Cook) is going to team up with world surfing legend Taj Burrow to chat about the best post-surf food. Taj will also give the lowdown on his new brew, Honest Ale. Taj launched the beer earlier this year with surfing mates Dino Adrian and Jay Davies.
- Don’t miss the opportunity to get along to The World’s Best Chef’s Table. You’ll be able to meet and eat with some of the World’s Top 50 Chefs! Hosted by Jill Dupleix, there’s a chance you will get to sit alongside high-profile chefs including 2017 Best Female Chef Ana Ros, David Thompson and Ashley Palmer-Watts. The chefs will be creating a dish using some of WA’s top quality produce. See the website for ticket availability to this one!
Gourmet Village Ticket Costs:
Concession / (65+): $30
General Admission: $40
Escape Garden (includes complimentary wine glass, private enclosure with seating and toilets, and complimentary drinks): $120
Leeuwin Platinum Lounge (includes fast track entry, access to Leeuwin Estate restaurant, delicious local dishes prepared from interactive food stations, wine tasting glass, and 2 glasses of Leeuwin Estate wine): $250
Weekend pass: $60
Children under 12: FREE
Please note that the Gourmet Village is cashless this year! Unlike previous years which has required the purchase of gems, this year will be credit card only.