Australian Bushfires: Support the Margaret River Region Appeals | Visitor Information
On behalf of the Margaret River region tourism community, we send our heartfelt sympathies to all those who are experiencing the devastating effects of bushfire activity. If you are looking for ways to support the communities affected, we encourage you to engage with any of the following initiatives taking place across the region:
Margaret River Region Online Auction for Bushfire Relief
24 January – 7 February
Over 50 local businesses have donated prizes for this online auction, with luxurious stays, helicopter rides, private vineyard and winery tours and sumptuous vintage wine and meals just some of the auction prizes available to bid on. Wine connoisseurs, there’s a vertical 12 bottle collection of Leeuwin Art Series Chardonnay, a Voyager Estate Stay, Wine, Dine experience and a personal tour of the Oates End vineyard with winemaker Cath Oates. Or bid on a decadent Cape Lodge stay, ocean view accommodation at Hamelin Bay Holiday Park or two nights at Wyadup Brook Cottages with a picnic lunch and Cape to Cape Track transfers.
All proceeds go to help the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund and regional causes recommended by Wine Australia and the Australian Grape & Wine.
Grape Escape South West Tours
Throughout January & February
$5 from every booking will be donated to Australian Red Cross Bushfire Appeal and WIRES
Will match any additional donations people make when booking
Find Grape Escape South West Tours
Clancy’s Fish Pub
January & February
$3 from every Fish & Chips sold will be donated to the families and wildlife affected by Australia’s bush fire disaster and affiliated Charities.
Find Clancy’s Fish Pub
Grand Mercure Basildene Manor Fire Relief
January & February
The Accor group has donated $200K to the Red Cross Disaster Relief, Rural & Volunteer Firefighters, Animal Welfare and Recovery of the Natural Environment. Visitors can donate to the fundraiser at reception when staying at Grand Mercure Basildene Manor.
- Bendigo Bank has partnered with The Salvation Army to establish an appeal, with donations accepted at any Bendigo Bank branch. Read more
- You may also consider donating to the Australian Red Cross Bushfire Disaster Relief and Recovery Fund. To learn more and make a donation online, visit redcross.org.au. Collection tins are also in place at the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River Visitor Centres.
- The Margaret River region remains unaffected by the bushfires. If you are seeking general travel advice on the region, please contact our local visitor consultants who are available 7 days per week via (08) 9780 5911, [email protected] and the Busselton, Dunsborough and Margaret River Visitor Centres.
- For travel in Western Australia, please consult the Department of Fire & Emergency services – the government department that is responsible for fire and emergency services in Western Australia – via dfes.wa.gov.au and www.emergency.wa.gov.au
- If travelling by road in Western Australia, please visit mainroads.wa.gov.au and click though to road closure information.
- For travel in the rest of Australia, please visit the Australian Government’s Bureau of Meteorology – provides overall weather updates for all parts of Australia, including the latest fire warnings bom.gov.au