Getting to Margaret River
Margaret River is located in the beautiful south west region of Western Australia. Situated 280 kilometres south of Perth or a three hour drive, this region offers a huge selection of world-class wineries, gourmet food and boutique accommodation making it the perfect destination for a romantic weekend or short break.
- Main route: The journey from Margaret River takes approximately three hours by car. Take the Kwinana Freeway out of Perth city, which eventually becomes Forrest Highway, and follow the signs to Bunbury, then Busselton – the main roads will bypass these towns but feel free to drop in. Margaret River is 50km south of Busselton. When you start to see vineyards – you’re nearly there.
- Alternative route: South Western Highway is the inland route which is a little slower, but quite scenic. The South Western Highway guides you inland from the suburb of Armadale, Pinjarra, Waroona, Harvey, Brunswick Junction and on into Bunbury then Busselton and through to Margaret River.
- Do I need an International Drivers Licence? - An International Drivers Licences is desirable if you wish to hire a car, but it is not essential. Visit the WA Department of Transport website to find out more information on which countries require additional licences to drive on Australian roads.
- Skywest (operated by Virgin Australia) flies direct to the Margaret River Region (Busselton Airport) twice weekly from Perth.
- Wild Blue Helicopters are happy to accommodate transfers to and from Perth
- Bus services between Perth and Margaret River operate daily through South West Coach Lines and TransWA. Please note these times and prices are subject to change and should be officially checked.
- Call the Margaret River Visitor Centre on +61 8 9780 5911 for more information or to book a ticket over the phone.
A number of our tour operators provide travel and pick up from Perth to Margaret River, which takes the hassle out of driving yourself. They'll also plan your whole itinerary for you, so you can relax and soak up the scenery!
For more information on transport or to make a booking for the bus or guided tour, please contact the Margaret River Visitor Centre on +61 8 9780 5911 or firstname.lastname@example.org. The Margaret River Visitor Centre is located in town on the corner of Bussell Highway and Tunbridge Street.