Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Gift shop
- Restaurant or Cafe
- Special exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
As the tallest lighthouse on mainland Australia, Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse is a must-see attraction. This historic lighthouse is situated at the most south-westerly point of Australia, at the tip of a spectacular peninsula - where the Southern and Indian Oceans meet.
Take a trip through maritime history and learn how this famous landmark was constructed from local limestone in 1895, and is still a vital working lighthouse for vessels navigating the treacherous cape. It's also one of the best land-based vantage points for spotting whales from May - September!
The new Interpretive Centre, housed within one of the original lighthouses keepers' cottages, is an outstanding interactive experience that celebrates the history and lives of the numerous lighthouse keepers who were custodians of this rugged coastline.
Visitors can also enjoy a coffee or delicious light refreshments in the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse Cafe.
Captured: Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in ImagesFresh imagery and a new video captures the wild coast of Cape Leeuwin and the wonderful guides that work there Virginia Woolf once wrote that lighthouses are endlessly suggestive signifiers of both human isolation and our ultimate connectedness to each other. And there is no clear...
Local Favourites: Paul SofilasLive like a local. Paul wakes up at the Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse every day. Surrounded by the Southern and Indian Oceans, under the tallest lighthouse in mainland Australia – this is the place that Paul calls home. Having grown up in the south west and then living away for a stint, Paul p...
A Beacon Reborn The new must-do experience at Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in Augusta A new visitor experience gives insight into harsh and lonesome conditions that lighthouse keepers endured to keep the light on at Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse in Augusta. ...
- Choice of 5 or 6 nights luxury accommodation
- Guided tour of Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Private Wine Chapel Experience sparkling wine tasting at Howard Park
- Full-day “Luxury Taster” tour with Walk Into Luxury, including a world-class winery lunch
- Relaxation treatment at Bodhi J Wellness Spa Retreat
- Dinner for two at Cape Lodge
- Half-day sailing tour in the Meelup Regional Park
- Option to add full-day chauffeur services or luxury airport transfers