Cape to Cape Track
Rated one of the 'Top Ten Multi-Day Walks' in Australia by Australian Geographic, the Cape to Cape Track meanders for 135 km across the spectacular coastline of the Margaret River Region in the South West corner of Western Australia. Walkers pass through coastal heath, magical karri forest and woodlands to sweeping clifftop views, spectacular remote beaches, limestone caves and historic lighthouses.
The track can be tackled as a five to nine-day walk or enjoyed in smaller sections as leisurely half or full-day walks. Camp on the track, or choose from a wide range of accommodation nearby from rustic to luxury.
- Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse to Sugarloaf Rock car park: 3.4 km designated 'Access for More' with paving and boardwalks (toilets at both Cape Naturaliste Lighthouse and Sugarloaf Rock car park).
- Ellensbrook Homestead: 1 km paved path and boardwalk to Meekadarabee Cave and Falls (toilets).
- Ellensbrook Beach: 200 m paved path to a coastal lookout (no toilets).
- Redgate Beach: Coastal lookout at main car park (toilets).
Winter WalksGrab your jacket and explore the walking tracks in Yallingup and Dunsborough. The Japanese have a word for time spent in the forest for de-stressing and mood-boosting. Shinrin-Yoku literally means forest-bathing. Scientific field experiments across Japan have proven that spending a day in the forest lowers concen...
Local Favourites: Dan WhiteLive like a local. Margaret River multi-instrumentalist and all-round music lover Dan White grew up with a guitar in his hand, and can often be found performing across the region – either solo, or as part of local acts Brightsider and Moon & Honey. With many strings to his bow (or guitar...
Your Ultimate Mid-Year Getaway10 reasons you need to head to the Margaret River Region this winter The Margaret River Region has a certain otherworldly allure. Where else can you explore underground caves, walk among towering karri trees, hear the thumping echo of monstrous swells, and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean...
Chasing Winter Waterfalls Rug up and head off on an adventure to track down these winter waterfalls. This winter, wrap up warm and venture into the great outdoors. You’ll be rewarded with an awe-inspiring roar from these natural wonders that can be just as relaxing and therapeutic as the toasty fire waiting for you at...
Insider TipsA guide to hiking the Cape to Cape Track The Cape to Cape Track is hands-down one of the best multi-day hikes in the world. “It’s got everything from towering forests to some of the best beaches you’ll find anywhere,” says Cape to Cape Explorer Tours director Gene Hardy. “Amazing wildflowers and orchi...
Plan Your Trip: Featured Itineraries
- 6 nights’ accommodation in two stunning locations with Dunsborough Ridge Retreat and Redgate Forest Retreat
- Didgeridoo performance deep inside the remarkable Ngilgi Cave
- A fun and fascinating personalised tour with All About Margaret River
- A visit to Eagles Heritage to witness these amazing creatures in flight