Nestled between a majestic Tuart forest and the Vasse Estuary wetlands, the peaceful, almost romantic setting of Wonnerup belies a more difficult and turbulent past. The house, school and ancillary buildings are a powerful reminder of the isolation, danger and struggles faced by the Layman family during its 120 year occupation of Wonnerup.
Please note that Wonnerup House is closed for the month of July annually.
More informationNational Trust home of Australia
* Magnificently restored homestead (1859)
* Restored earlier House (1838), later converted to a dairy and kitchen
* Restored one teacher school
* Restored teachers house (1885)
* Set on several acres of farm land with lawns and gardens surrounding the main buildings, including an abundance of wildflowers.
Adults - $8.00
Adult Concession - $5.00
Children (over 5yrs) - $5.00
Family group of four - $20.00
Children (under 5 yrs) - FREE
National Trust Members - FREE
Group Bookings (10 or more people) - $5.00 per person
NO eftpos facility