Nestled between a majestic Tuart forest and the Vasse Estuary wetlands, the peaceful, almost romantic setting of Wonnerup belies a more difficult and turbulent past. The house, school and ancillary buildings are a powerful reminder of the isolation, danger and struggles faced by the Layman family during its 120 year occupation of Wonnerup.
More informationNational Trust home of Australia
* Magnificently restored homestead (1859)
* Restored earlier House (1838), later converted to a dairy and kitchen
* Restored one teacher school
* Restored teachers house (1885)
* Set on several acres of farm land with lawns and gardens surrounding the main buildings, including an abundance of wildflowers.
Adults - $8.00
Adult Concession - $5.00
Children (over 5yrs) - $5.00
Family group of four - $20.00
Children (under 5 yrs) - FREE
National Trust Members - FREE
Group Bookings (10 or more people) - $5.00 per person
NO eftpos facility