Albany’s Historic Whaling Station
- BBQ area
- Children's Menu
- GIft Vouchers Available
- Gluten Free
- Meals Available
- No Pets
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Outdoor seating (beer garden, alfresco)
- Special exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
Spend a day exploring the world’s only complete whaling station tourism attraction and experience a fascinating insight into Albany’s colourful past. Join a complimentary guided tour or follow informative trails to learn the stories of the men and women whose livelihood depended on Australia’s whaling industry of yesteryear.
Albany’s Historic Whaling Station was the last operating station in Australia and provides a fascinating insight into Albany’s colourful past. Recognised as a heritage site, the whaling station is an engaging and educational tourism attraction for all ages to enjoy.
- Join the knowledgeable tour guides on a complimentary tour through the restored whale processing factory;
- Find yourself immersed in the sights and sounds of the whaling industry;
- Enjoy short films within the converted whale oil tanks;
- Climb aboard the Cheynes IV, the world’s only preserved Whalechaser ship;
- See the giant blue whale skeleton;
- Enjoy the world-renowned marine animal art collection and view the precious scrimshaw art.