COVID-19 Update for Albany’s Historic Whaling Station
Save the date - We are re-opening 1st July! Albany’s Historic Whaling Station will bring stories of Albany's unique history back to life from Wednesday 1st July, re-opening in time for the WA winter school holidays. Our team is excited to welcome you back onsite and are committed to providing a safe and healthy environment for all through good hygiene and distancing practices. For further updates as they are announced, visit our Website, Facebook page or call us on 9844 4021.
Albany’s Historic Whaling Station
- BBQ area
- Children's Menu
- GIft Vouchers Available
- Gluten Free
- Meals Available
- No Pets
- Non Smoking Establishment
- Outdoor seating (beer garden, alfresco)
- Special exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
Spend a day exploring the world’s only complete whaling station tourism attraction and experience a fascinating insight into Albany’s colourful past. Follow informative trails to learn the stories of the men and women whose livelihood depended on Australia’s whaling industry of yesteryear.
Albany’s Historic Whaling Station was the last operating station in Australia and provides a fascinating insight into Albany’s colourful past. Recognised as a heritage site, the whaling station is an engaging and educational tourism attraction for all ages to enjoy.
- Find yourself immersed in the sights and sounds of the whaling industry;
- Enjoy short films within the converted whale oil tanks;
- Climb aboard the Cheynes IV, the world’s only preserved Whalechaser ship;
- See the giant blue whale skeleton;
- Enjoy the world-renowned marine animal art collection and view the precious scrimshaw art.