A Message regarding COVID-19
Our Cave and Lighthouse tours have reopened, and we are excited to be welcoming visitors again. The Margaret River Region Caves and Lighthouses will operate within the Health Department’s COVID-19 recommendations to protect staff and visitors.
What are we doing?
- Lake Cave has reduced the capacity on fully guided tours
- Increased the cleaning of all high touch areas
- Implemented hand sanitiser stations throughout
- All staff have completed Covid-19 specific hygiene training
What is asked of you?
- Pre-book your visit online to avoid disappointment
- Encouragement to pay contactless by card for items purchased at the site
- Respect the social distancing of staff and other guests when you visit
- Have an amazing time!
- Gift shop
- Snacks & drinks
- Special exhibitions (galleries, museums etc)
Lake Cave is a stunning crystal chamber, deep beneath the earth. Entry to this cave is from the floor of a sunken forest, surrounded by towering karri trees. Inside the cave, a tranquil lake mirrors the delicate crystal formations that grow from the cave roof, while the massive 'Suspended Table' hangs from the ceiling, almost touching the waters of the lake.
Above ground, admire the views from the Lake Cave Deck; a spectacular viewing platform in the treetops, suspended over the sunken entry to the cave. Don’t forget to brush up on your cave knowledge at the interpretive centre, with information about the Leeuwin-Naturaliste caves, as well as fascinating insights into caves all over the world.
Your Ultimate Mid-Year Getaway10 reasons you need to head to the Margaret River Region this winter The Margaret River Region has a certain otherworldly allure. Where else can you explore underground caves, walk among towering karri trees, hear the thumping echo of monstrous swells, and watch the sun set over the Indian Ocean...
Ancient LandA fascinating history lies beneath the limestone cliffs and granite outcrops of the Leeuwin Naturaliste Ridge. A fascinating history lies beneath the limestone cliffs and granite outcrops of the Leeuwin Naturaliste Ridge. Once an island, the region has been through ice ages, shifting sands and a break away from I...
Top 10: Summer School HolidaysSummer adventures the whole family will love Summer holidays are my happy place. Plenty of beach trips, forest adventures, bakery treats, ice creams and lunches at our favourite family friendly venues. The best summer holiday activities are outdoors, and these are our family favourites, from Cap...
Your Ultimate Margaret River Wedding Venue GuideBeachfront altars, secluded forest ceremonies and lavish winery weddings. The Margaret River region is one of Western Australia’s most popular options for a destination wedding. It’s easy to see why: whether you’re after sweeping views, a cosy and quaint farmhouse or ...
School Holiday InspirationTake the kids on a voyage of discovery - into the depths of the Margaret River cave system Hidden beneath the blazing tarmac of Caves Road, below the karri and marri forests, and under the undulating Leeuwin-Naturaliste Ridge, lies a winding labyrinth of underground tunnels and echoing caverns. It...
Plan Your Trip: Featured Itineraries
- Choice of 5 or 6 nights luxury accommodation
- Guided tour of Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse
- Private Wine Chapel Experience sparkling wine tasting at Howard Park
- Full-day “Luxury Taster” tour with Walk Into Luxury, including a world-class winery lunch
- Relaxation treatment at Bodhi J Wellness Spa Retreat
- Dinner for two at Cape Lodge
- Half-day sailing tour in the Meelup Regional Park
- Option to add full-day chauffeur services or luxury airport transfers
- 6 nights accommodation for two adults & two children
- 1 x private wine tour
- Forest Adventures passes
- Lake Cave passes
- Cape Leeuwin Lighthouse passes