Busselton Jetty Swim
Are you ready to take the plunge?
The Busselton Jetty Swim is an annual 3.6km ocean swim around the iconic Busselton Jetty. The event started in 1996 with 80 competitors, but now hosts over 4,000 swimmers and is spread across two days.
Entry is open to swimmers of all abilities – from novice to professionals, with a range of distances including:
- Solo Swim – 3.6km around the iconic Busselton Jetty (entries via ballot)
- Team Relays – get a team of 2 or 4 together and make a day of it with friends, family or workmates (entries via ballot)
- One Mile – Swim to Shore – swimmers will enter the water near the end of the jetty and swim to shore, a distance of 1.6km – or 1 mile (entries via ballot)
- Simon’s Shortcut – a 500m swim which crosses under the jetty
- Kids Swim – younger swimmers can also get involved with the festivities with the 222m swim around the outside of the Swimming Jetty
And for those who prefer to stay dry, there is loads of family friendly entertainment and activities all weekend along the Busselton Foreshore, creating a real festival vibe!
To cater to the overwhelming demand, the organisers of the Busselton Jetty Swim introduced a ballot system for entry into their signature 3.6km swim (solo & teams) and the one-mile swim to shore event.
The ballot runs from 1 October – 11 October, so is now closed. Those who are not initially successful will be advised of their place on the waitlist.
Entries for the Kids Swim and Simons Short cut (500m) will open on 16 October 2023 and will remain open until sold out.
2024 event schedule
Saturday 10 February
- 1.30pm – Simon’s 500m Shortcut Swim
- 2.00pm – Kids Swim
- 5.30pm – Carbo Loaded Dinner at The Equinox ($18)
- 5.30pm – Sunset Concert including youth Battle of the Bands finals
Sunday 11 February
- 8.00am Solo Swim and Team Swims
- 9.30am One Mile Swim to Shore
- Plus, family friendly activities, kids beach games and more from 7.00am onwards
Check out the official website for more details.