- This event has passed.
Margaret River Gourmet Escape
16 November 2017 @ 9:00 am - 19 November 2017 @ 8:00 pmVaried prices
Plan your event stay
There is a high demand for accommodation and tickets so be sure to book early. As the local experts, we offer a choice of over 260 accommodation options available for all needs and budgets. Book online or get in touch via telephone on (08) 9780 5911 or email via email@example.com 7 days per week.Search accommodation Buy Event Tickets Buy event shuttle tickets Buy Gourmet Village shuttle tickets
- Hugo Gruzman (Flight Facilities, Future Classic) will drop into the Gourmet Village main stage on Saturday and Sunday (18 & 19 November) delivering a silky DJ set to round out each day on the lawn at Leeuwin Estate. On Saturday he’ll also be joined by his great mate and party collaborator Tom Tilley (Triple J) to shake out the afternoon’s eating and drinking on the grassy dance floor.
- On Sunday (19 November), WA’s own San Cisco headline the festival Closing Party at White Elephant Café with a special DJ set as the sun goes down over the Indian Ocean and another Gourmet Escape Festival. The much-loved Fremantle-based indie pop outfit will put down their instruments and take on the turntables for the final party of the weekend. In between tunes, TV personality and comedian Matt Okine (The Other Guy, Shortcuts to Glory) will entertain and host the free main stage events.
- Local surfing legend Taj Burrow and Jack Stein (Born to Cook) will present the best of ‘after surf food’ paired with brews from Honest Ale. Honest Ale is Taj’s own label launched earlier this year with surfing mates Dino Adrian and Jay Davies. The lads will bring their international travels to the stage using local produce to create global favourites with a local twist.
- Gourmet Village Restaurants – 9 already confirmed including Má Là Dumplings, Rivendell, Rustico at Hayshed Hill, Leeuwin Estate, Xanadu Wines, Linley Valley Pork, Lucky Chans, Young George Bar & Kitchen and Due South.
- Tickets are still available for some sessions at the new Village event – World’s Best Chefs Table – where guests meet and eat with some of the World’s Top 50 Chefs – including 2017 Best Female Chef Ana Ros, David Thompson and Ashley Palmer-Watts as they create a dish showcasing incredible WA produce. This event is hosted by Jill Dupleix.
- Margaret River Distilling Company’s Giniversity will pop up in the Village with award winning Singapore bartender Vijay Mudaliar creating a special Gourmet Escape gin to be sold exclusively at the Village.
- Black Swan dips will bring their Beta creative dip laboratory pop up complete with a taste train conveyor to the Village this year.
- Food Network presenters Andy Allen and Ben Milbourne will provide meat mastery cooking demos at The Butcher’s Block. Roger Mooking from Food Network’s Man Fire Food will make a special appearance.
- Plus as per previous, kids under 12 receive free entry to the Gourmet Village all weekend.
This year’s line-up will see many fresh faces travelling from all corners of the globe including the world’s most renowned wine critic, Jancis Robinson OBE MW, as well as a special appearance from Australian favourite Curtis Stone who will officially open the festival at the Audi Gourmet Beach BBQ on Thursday evening. Pierre Koffmann (La Tante Claire, London), Luke Nguyen (Red Lantern, Sydney) and Asia’s best female chef May Chow (Little Bao, Hong Kong) will also join us, plus we welcome back Alex Atala, Rick Stein, Dan Hong, Andre Chiang #14 on the World’s 50 Best and local favourite Matt Stone!
The World’s Best Female Chef of 2017, Ana Ros (Hiša Franko), will return to showcase the flavours of Slovenia at the World Discovery Dinner at Voyager Estate presented by Audi, alongside newly appointed executive chef, Santiago Fernandez. World-renowned wine critic, Jancis Robinson OBE, MW (UK) will lead the conversation on the evening, pouring and discussing an outstanding selection of wines from Voyager Estate and other acclaimed Margaret River wineries.
For the first time, guests will have the opportunity to experience an incredible culinary adventure by helicopter, with
WA chef, Paul Iskov. A scenic flight over Margaret River culminates in lunch made from foraged and local ingredients, prepared by Iskov and his team from Fervor. Upon landing in a secret, secluded location, guests will be greeted with a cocktail of native foraged ingredients, crafted by mixologist Vijay Mudaliar (Native, Singapore).
Fraser Gallop Estate owners, Nigel and Dorothy Gallop will once again open the doors of their private Georgian
mansion and grounds to guests of Gourmet Escape for The Great Soirée at Fraser Gallop Estate. Melbourne’s
acclaimed chef and restaurateur, Andrew McConnell will collaborate with local chef Aaron Carr to create a selection of canapés, paired with Fraser Gallop’s multi award-winning Bordeaux-style wines on the 165 acre estate in Wilyabrup.
Rising young female chef, Jo Barrett (Oakridge Wines) will join her partner, Matt Stone at the newly opened Amelia Park Winery Restaurant for a special lunch showcasing the region’s finest flavours and locally foraged ingredients. Jo and Matt will partner with the restaurant’s owners, Blair and Renee Allen for the Regional Flavours lunch.
The Gourmet Escape programme is full of incredible experiences and collaborations; from cruising across Geographe Bay at the Nautical Feast aboard Kimberley Quest II; feasting on a Latin American collaboration between Alex Atala and Porteno at Argentina to Amazon at Larry Cherubino; and hitting new heights on The High Life with Paul Iskov, this is one Gourmet Escape you don’t want to miss. With favourite events such as Feast in the Forest and Sunset, Beats & Bites returning to the programme, there are plenty of foodie experiences to indulge in, get stuck in! View the programme here.