In the past seven years, some of the biggest names in the culinary world have visited Margaret River including the likes of Nigella Lawson, Heston Blumenthal, Marco Pierre White, Curtis Stone, and Rick Stein to help us showcase the region’s finest wines, craft beers, and amazing local produce. This once-a-year chance to feast, sip and party your way through an array of new fine dining and casual events plus the old favourites, including the Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ and the Gourmet Village at Leeuwin Estate will be here before you know it!
This extraordinary festival of food and wine dishes up more in 2019, with the Margaret River element of the festival taking place from November 15 -17.
What you can expect is ten days of extraordinary events which will be taking place across 3 of Western Australia’s most renowned regions. The food and wine adventure will begin in the Swan Valley, extending to Perth and ending the Margaret River Region over the final 3-4 days. A truly magical showcase of Western Australia’s premium produce and wine, with celebrated international and Australian culinary talent.
Gourmet Escape Margaret River Highlights
There are so many unique events to get involved in across the region throughout the Gourmet Escape weekend. Whichever you choose make sure you get in quick and secure your ticket and your stay. Some highlights below:
- The Gourmet Village is the Margaret River Festival Hub of Western Australia Gourmet Escape. Held in the beautiful grounds of Leeuwin Estate Winery, this weekend-long celebration brings together world-class chefs (including Colin Fassnidge, Danny Bowien, Amanda Cohen and more), exclusive pop-up bars and restaurants, and more than 150 local producers and wineries for an unmissable celebration of food, wine and friends.
- The ever-popular Westpac Gourmet Beach BBQ will be hosted by a blend of international, Australian and WA chefs, once again offering up the perfect waterside dining experience coupled with incredible produce, wine and music (Fri 15 Nov- Sun 17 Nov.)
- Mark Best on the Ocean Dream – join Australian chef Mark Best for a one-of-a-kind luxury cruise on idyllic Geographe Bay on board the luxury catamaran ‘Ocean Dream.’ Best’s cooking combined with spectacular views and world-class local wines will make for an unforgettable experience (Fri 15 – Sun 17 Nov.)
- Lake House Meets Wills Domain– East meets south-west as two champions of regional food, Alla Wolf-Tasker AM of Lake House Daylesford and Seth James from Wills Domain, come together to serve an unforgettable dinner overlooking the vines (Fri 15 Nov.)
- Mission Chinese X Chow’s Table presented by Gage Roads Brewing Co. – from the eclectic streets of NYC to the picturesque valleys of Margaret River, this unique partnering will see Mission Chinese mastermind Danny Bowien collaborate with local legend Malcolm Chow for a Chinese banquet like no other (Sat 16 Nov.)
- Into the New Africa #1 – Foraging, respect for the land and a deep love of country: South Africa’s Kobus van der Merwe, from The World Restaurant Awards’ Restaurant of the Year 2019* Wolfgat, is heading to Western Australia to prepare an intimate, personal dinner with Paul Iskov of Fervor (Fri 15 Nov.)
- Into the New Africa #2 – For one night only, two nomadic chefs – Selassie Atadika from Ghana, and Paul Iskov representing Australia’s original flavours, will come together in a cross-continent celebration of wild foods (Sat 16 Nov.)
- Dining by Twilight at Margaret River’s Secret Garden presented by Seedlip – this much-loved event will this year feature Amanda Cohen from Dirt Candy in New York, alongside WA chef George Cooper for a vegetable degustation using produce grown on Cooper’s own farm (Sat 16 Nov.)
Tickets on sale now. For full event details visit www.gourmetescape.com.au
Plan your experience
There is a high demand for accommodation, transport and event tickets so be sure to book early. As the local experts, we offer a choice of over 260 accommodation options available for all needs and budgets across the region.
Book online or get in touch with the Margaret River region Central Reservations team, available 7 days per week.
P. +61 8 9780 5911 E. [email protected]