Margaret River Discovery Co – Wine & Adventure tour
THE TOUR FOR PEOPLE WHO DON'T DO TOURS!
. Explore the stunning Margaret River region with expert local guide, Sean Blocksidge and his luxury four wheel drive.The Margaret River Discovery Company offers a selection of flexible day tour options designed to discover people and places you would not find on your own.
More information"The best tour operator in town"- The Rough Guide.
West Australian Guide of the Year - Sean Blocksidge
Rated #1 Margaret River Tour on Tripadvisor.com for seven consecutive years.
Check out our most popular tour option - THE DISCOVERY TOUR
Get out of the car and into the photo, have a whole lot of fun experiencing Margaret River’s great outdoors while tasting some of the regions wines and meeting the people who make them!
It’s the wine and nature lovers’ experience with the works. Limited to only 6 guests, travelling in a luxury 4WD, this is the tour for people who don’t do tours.
We demystify the French wine concept of Terroir and discover why Margaret River produces some of the world’s best wine. Connect with nature then match your favourite wine with fresh local produce while we lunch in the barrel room at one of the region’s emerging superstar wineries.
- Start the day with a canoe trip down a stunning section of the tranquil Margaret River. You won’t get wet, dirty or fall in. It’s a peaceful beginning to our day of highlights.
- We then head to the beach to see how the winemakers relax – a coffee while we check the surf at one of the region’s top beach breaks.
- Our next stop is an ancient waterhole to spot freshwater Marron and wildlife and to taste local honey while we reflect on Aboriginal history dating back more than 30,000 years.
- Lunch at one the region’s most celebrated emerging superstar wineries –Fraser Gallop Estate – is our next highlight. We have exclusive access to the working winery and vineyard and savour some of the best wines in the region matched with local produce while seated among barrels of ageing wine.
- We finish our day with a 4WD adventure and walk on a spectacular section of the Cape to Cape Track – the Wilyabrup Cliffs. We have special government approval to use a 4WD track that offers stunning cliff top views. High above the Indian Ocean the epic scenery, fresh sea breezes and surrounding ancient soils provide a deeper understanding of the unique terroir of the Margaret River region. Dolphins, sharks, whales, kangaroos, eagles and wildflowers are seasonal, but all possible.
Live like a local on a Margaret River Discovery Tour and let WA Guide of the Year – Sean Blocksidge- take you out of the car and into the photo!